About PrecisionMed, Inc.’s Neuroscience Program
The neuroscience program covers major neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric disease and provides our customers with biofluid sample types that are difficult collect from these populations. Within the neuroscience program, there is access to post-mortem brain regions in frozen or formalin format. The program allows for individualized processing and collection of biofluids. Clinical data is detailed and longitudinal with associated longitudinal samples.
Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF)
- CSF and CSF cell pellet
- Additional biofluids: Plasma, serum, PAXGene RNA, cells for DNA, urine.
- Diseased and normal controls (TruNormal® CSF)
- Single visit and multiple visit collections
- Custom CSF collection and processing
Banked CSF diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease ¹ ²
- Mild cognitive impairment ¹ ²
- Parkinson’s disease ¹
- Major depressive disorder
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis ²
- Multiple sclerosis ²
- Diabetic neuropathy ²
- Multiple system atrophy
- Schizophrenia ²
¹ Matching CSF biomarker data is supplied when available with AD, MCI. older controls and PD.
² Multiple visits
Post Mortem brain regions clinically characterized: Alzheimer’s disease and controls
- Fixed in 10% NBF.
- FFPE (we will make the blocks for you from frozen or formalin fixed material)