We Either Have It
We Provide Fuel for Innovation
Samples are collected in the United States under IRB approved clinical protocols and are prospectively consented and paired with detailed clinical data.
Our largest programs are collections in neuroscience and oncology. Additional banked collections comprise many other diseases as well as pregnancy. We provide custom collections in almost any disease.
PrecisionMed, Inc. is the world’s only supplier of TruNormal® biological samples. These samples can be matched to our banked diseased material when normal controls are required. Our TruNormal® neuroscience samples are from donors with normal cognition, no history and no family history of neurological or neuropsychiatric disease and no neurological complaint.
When a patient presents with a neurological problem severe enough to warrant a lumbar puncture and the lab report comes back as normal, one may wonder about the other potentially abnormal biomarkers that were not evaluated. That is the CSF that you will get from most vendors labeled as “normal” CSF. Our TruNormal® CSF is taken from donors because they are normal.
Biofluid samples comprise all age groups >18 y/o. The biofluid subtypes are program dependent and consist of combinations of CSF, CSF cell pellet, serum, plasma, PAXGene RNA, blood cell pellet and urine. In our oncology program, we provide biofluids with or without matched tissue. Samples are from the US and collected and consented prospectively. In our neuroscience program, we have fixed and/or frozen post mortem brain regions in Alzheimer’s disease and controls. These brain regions are supplied with appropriate clinical data. In most donors additional biofluids and cells are collected at the same visit as CSF. In the oncology program, we have FFPE, frozen and fresh tissue samples as well as biofluids which may be matched to the tissue. We provide stained and sectioned slides or tissue curls.
- CSF and CSF cell pellet
- Additional biofluids: Plasma, serum, PAXGene RNA, cells for DNA, urine.
- Diseased and normal controls (TruNormal® CSF)
- Single visit and multiple visit collections
- Custom CSF collection and processing
Banked Neurodegenerative or Neuropsychiatric Diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease ¹ ²
- Mild cognitive impairment ¹ ²
- Parkinson’s disease ¹
- Major depressive disorder
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis ²
- Multiple sclerosis ²
- Diabetic neuropathy ²
- Multiple system atrophy
- Schizophrenia ²
- Bipolar Disorder (no CSF)
- PTSD (no CSF)
Banked TruNormal® CSF
- Young controls aged 18-35 y/o
- Controls aged 35-60 y/o
- Controls >60 y/o ²
¹ Matching CSF biomarker data is supplied when available with AD, MCI. older controls and PD.
² Multiple visits
Post Mortem brain regions clinically characterized: Alzheimer’s disease and controls
- Fixed in 10% NBF.
Plasma and matched resected tissue from solid tumors (usually pretreatment)
- Prospectively consented. Five-year follow-up.
- Banked Material–Breast cancer, NSCLC, prostate, colorectal, ovarian, and other solid tumors.
- This multicenter clinical protocol, conducted in the United States is designed to collect blood, urine and solid tumor material as well as clinical data from prospectively consented donors with known solid malignant tumors. Samples, as well as clinical information, are de-identified. Clinical data is collected over the course of the disease for up to five years. There may also be intermittent collection of plasma and urine samples over the five-year period.
- Matched plasma and tissue samples with detailed clinical data are available.
Additional BioFluids and Cells
- Our inventory includes serum samples and or plasma samples from Alzheimer’s Disease, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder , Mild Cognitive Impairment, Asthma, Bronchitis, Chronic Intersticial Cystitis, COP, Atopic Dermatitis,Psoriasis, Diabetic Neruopathy, Type 1 & 2 Diabetes, Smokers & Heavy Smokers, Ichthyosis, Long Term Pain Killer use, Major Depression, Marfan Syndrome, Melanoma, Hodgkins disease, PTSD, Pregnancy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren’s Disease, Lupus, Scleroderma and TruNormal®
- There is a strong requirement for collection and storage of large numbers of human biological samples linked with the highest quality clinical data. PrecisionMed has been aware of this essential requirement from when we started our sample collections. Our HIPAA compliant biobank has detailed clinical data that are collected, monitored for accuracy, and stored in a password protected database.
- In Alzheimer’s disease, we have thirty pages of clinical data per donor visit. This includes three separate tests of cognition. In our oncology protocols, we have up to five years of clinical follow-up as well as the initial pathology report. In many cases, we have biomarker data available with the samples.
FFPE/Frozen/Fresh Tissue Samples
- US-sourced diseased and TruNormal® solid tissue. Most diagnoses are available. All of our material is well annotated. Diseased/tumor and adjacent normal tissues from a single donor are immediately available in formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) format. Snap frozen is available but is limited. Fresh material is collected prospectively from clinical protocols.
- Not only do we provide slide preparation for your routine H&E, IHC, FISH, etc. we also provide wet tissue with ample tumor sections. In addition to our menu of services, we also provide tissue curls or slides for your molecular study needs.